Tuesday, May 29, 2012

No rain on my sunny day!

A lot has been going on around here lately. I've got a lot going on, in life and in my mind. Things will calm back down soon.....I hope! We have a few extras around here, visiting for the summer. Its fun. It brings up a lot of emotions for me as well. I really am enjoying having a full house which makes me wonder if/when I will have a full house of my own. I haven't been sleeping well. I'm having health issues(see previous posts) again. I'm laying in bed now because I'm hurting. I've been sad. My tears just sit lingering at the edge waiting to drop. Things will be better though.

I have a LOT to be happy and grateful for. I have an amazing family. My mom is my rock. Oh and my friends, you wouldn't believe how big of a jackpot I hit on that one! They are awesome. I have the best nieces and nephew a girl could ask for. 

 I got Colt enrolled in Pre-K today. He is all set to go, just have to get school supplies...oh and wait until August for school to start! We are excited, I'm excited. We love the school we were at last year but we decided to switch him to public schools so this will be his first BIG school. Yay! My boy is growing up too fast. He got a big BIG boy bed last weekend. We got him a twin wood bed with a trundle and storage underneath. I love it. It's perfect for when we are having guest like we are now and it will be great for when he starts having sleepovers. It looks like the picture below only the wood is a bit lighter and the trundle mattress is where the storage drawers are at and our drawers are on the bottom. 


I won two giveaways recently. One of my favorite books is 'The secret life of CeeCee Wilkes' by Diane Chamberlain. I was absolutely thrilled when I found out that I had won one of her recent books titled 'The Good Father'. I'm only on chapter one so far and can not wait to find time to sit down so I can get further into it. It is going to be a good one. 
Here is how my morning started.....I was laying on the couch after the hubs left for work thinking to myself about how much I didn't want to get up and take the trash out. I didn't want to do it because two weekends ago our garage door opener broke. Or the belt broke? I don't know, whatever broke made it so that you can't just open the garage door without propping it open with something and risking it falling on your head. So I was laying there thinking how can I get the trash out? I could take it through the house..no thanks. I could walk it all the way around the house through the back gate...eh.. its too early for all that. I could lift the garage door with one hand and hold it up while I toss the bags out with the other and then go around to the front of the house to take to the curb. Ding ding that's the winner. Still a lot of work. I'm tired. :::Okay so that was my conversation with myself. I decided to procrastinate and check my email. Boy oh boy how excited I was when I saw that I had WON a new GARAGE DOOR OPENER!!! How amazing is that!?! Not just a regular old garage door opener either, this is a high-tech fancy schmancy one. Yay! I feel so blessed! My husband isn't believing it until he sees it though. It will be here soon...installation included...and when it is he said he will take me out on a date. I'm so excited to see his face when he realizes its for reals!! 

1 comment:

Cassie said...

How amazing and awesome is our God?!?!? You deserve the awesome blessings He has for! Love you bestie!

Post a Comment

Leave some love, but if you aren't signed in, please leave your name and a way to contact you if you want a response. Have a blessed day!