Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Sour Cream Noodle Bake

I've had several friends ask me for this recipe lately so I'm going to post it on here for you all. I got this recipe off of The Pioneer Woman, I love her! If you haven't checked out her blog yet {have you been hiding under a rock??} then you should take a look. She has a cooking show that will be premiering on Saturday on the Food Network Show. I'm super excited to watch it.
Here is the basic recipe but you really should head HERE to see Ree's post on it. She has great pictures that shows you exactly how to do everything and she is really funny! Enjoy.

Sour Cream Noodle Bake
1 1/4lb ground chuck
1 can(15oz) tomato sauce
1/2 tsp salt
freshly ground black pepper
8 oz egg noodles
1/2 cup sour cream
1 1/4 cup small curd cottage cheese
1 cup grated sharp cheddar

Preheat the oven to 350'. Brown ground chuck in Lg skillet. Drain fat, then add the tomato sauce, 1/2 tsp salt and plenty of pepper. Stir, then simmer while you prepare the other ingredients. Cook egg noodles as pkg instructs. Drain and set aside. In med. bowl combine sour cream and cottage cheese. Add plenty of ground pepper. Add to noodles and stir. To assemble, add the noodles to baking dish. Top with half the meat mixture, then sprinkle on half the grated cheese. Repeat with noodles, meat then final layer of cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.

Serve with crusty french bread.

(I mix the bottom layer of ingredients together and then layer from there.)

3 comments:

Cassie said...

Geesh, it's about time ;) I've only been waiting for, like, forever! Haha! Seriously though, this is a yummy dish. Can't wait to make it this week.

Free eBooks Daily said...

Sounds delicious - I can't wait to try it.

I am a new follower and I would love if you came and followed me back at Free eBooks Daily

http://www.freeebooksdaily.com

Anonymous said...

I guess I've been hiding under a rock. Doesn't surprise me. Since Maicey my social life has changed!!! Lol. It's worth it though! I'd really like to try this recipe. Thx 4 sharg. <3 coco

Post a Comment

Leave some love, but if you aren't signed in, please leave your name and a way to contact you if you want a response. Have a blessed day!