Thursday, August 16, 2012

A new leaf

Things have been good lately. I've changed my focus and it's allowed me to keep my emotions in check. It's not that I don't care anymore because I do but I realized that I can't change things. I can't do anything to make it different so why let it control me.

The man and I have been working on things around the house. We've painted and put in wood floors throughout the living room and hallway. It looks so good. We will be putting up new baseboards this weekend and I'll post a pic of the finished look after that. Next we need to get new living room furniture. Hopefully we will be able to agree on something when that time comes. Ha!

The dog has surgery tomorrow morning to get a mass removed. I'm slightly nervous only because he is so old but the vet said he will do great. So prayers for the furkid would be appreciated.

The kid starts school next week. Second year of Pre-K here we come! He is excited. It's a new school with a new teacher. It will be different this year because it's all week long but less hours a day. I won't have to mess with packing him a lunch since he will go to school in the mornings and then we will have lunch together after I pick him up. I'm hoping that school will wear him out enough that we can have naptime after lunch. I can't believe my baby boy is growing up so fast!

Things are busy. Which means my mind is busy. All is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love, but if you aren't signed in, please leave your name and a way to contact you if you want a response. Have a blessed day!