Monday, January 3, 2011

Playing Catch Up

Last week was filled with fun, friends and lots of laughter! Colton and I met up with our friends Diana and Logan for lunch and playtime at McDonald's on Tuesday. We had a really good time. The boys ran around and played while we talked and enjoyed each others company. A lot of times when we get together its hard to really have a conversation because of the boys but it was nice not having to chase after them this time and being able to just talk. I'm so grateful that I've had the chance to really get to know this girl! She is awesome and totally ROCKS my world! :) She is such a wonderful person and great friend, I don't know how I ever survived without her in my life. She is proving to be one of those friends that you know you're going to have in your life forever and you wouldn't ever want to be without their friendship. I hope I can be as good of a friend to her as she is to me!
My bestie came over one morning last week(I can't for the life of me remember when though) and we enjoyed a quick cup of coffee together, well she stole the last of my coffee so I had creamer with a splash of coffee. :) It was nice getting to see her though, we haven't really had time to get together much lately. 
On Thursday we went to Bouncy Barn with Diana and Jessie so that Colton could play with his friends Logan and Maia. They had a blast. We only had one rough moment where a kid threw a ball at Coltons face! He was fine, just a little blood blister. Afterwards we met my mom up at Hideaway Pizza for lunch. We always get the paradise pie. It was absolutely delicious! 

Maia as cute as can be!

Diana holding baby Jayde

Jessie and her girls

Logan & Maia

Colton(with his blood blister) & Momma

That same day we also got a package in the mail from Aunt Coco. She spoils us! She sent Colt his winter outfit. Every year she sends him a super cute outfit. He also got a Toy Story activity pack that had colors, stickers, and a coloring book. We took it with us when we went to eat and it kept him occupied! :) 
Colette also sent me a book to read that she had been telling me about. I'm very excited to read it.
She read it in her bible study group and passed it along for me to borrow. I will let you know what I think about it. She also sent me an awesome coin that I love! I tried to get some pictures but they didn't turn out very well. The coin goes along great with the necklace my sister gave me for Christmas.


'I carried you' its from the Footprints in the Sand poem
For New Years we stayed home. We are such an old married couple. Ha! Colton and I had spent the day grocery shopping and running errands. I got some new shoes AGAIN. I got a pair the week before Christmas I believe and had a 50% off coupon to use from it so we went back by and I found some sketchers that were already on sale so with my coupon I only paid $16 for some tennis shoes. Awesome! We went by Kohl's to exchange some pajamas I had gotten and the line only took about an hour! It was awful. Worse than any Black Friday event I've ever been to! I was a bit annoyed because after we stood in line for forever and were 2 people away from being done I heard someone say how the cashiers could do exchanges just not returns. I was in the return line. Seriously?!? You mean I could of been out of here within ten minutes and instead stood in line for an hour? Yep that's how my luck goes. Owell Colt surprisingly behaved very well. Jay had been out disc golfing all day and so for dinner we just went to iHop and had breakfast. It was good but Colton didn't have a nap that day and he was tired of being gone from the house so he was acting up. We hurried and ate and came home. Jay played his game and I watched a movie. Boring old couple! :) I got my midnight kiss though and that's all that matters! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love, but if you aren't signed in, please leave your name and a way to contact you if you want a response. Have a blessed day!