Monday, September 12, 2011

I hate feeling helpless. When there isn't anything you can do to help the ones you love, it hurts. A feeling of disbelief is wavering in the air this morning. We've known this was coming but being in the hospital has made things really set in. I wish we could just sweep our dear friend up and take her away. Heal her with sandy beaches, crashing waves and little umbrellas in too sweet fruity drinks. Cabana boys with ripped abs and way too tight speedos. Girly giggles and inside jokes.
I wish I could give her all things that warm the heart. The right words to calm and ease her mind. I wish strength and courage could be available in a pill form for these extra hard times.
I know that God is all we need and more. He provides us with our strength and courage. Love and healing.

Isiah 40:31
But those who trust the Lord will find new strength. They will be strong like eagles soaring upward on wings; they will walk and run without getting tired.

Jeremiah 30:17
For I will restore health unto you, and I will heal you of your wounds, saith the Lord.

Jeremiah 33:6
Then someday, I will heal this place and my people as well, and let them enjoy unending peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love, but if you aren't signed in, please leave your name and a way to contact you if you want a response. Have a blessed day!