Monday, July 2, 2012

Day 1 Surrendered Life

Worry.
-Don't borrow trouble from tomorrow.

Matthew 6:25-27
25  I tell you not to worry about your life. Don't worry about having something to eat, drink, or wear. Isn't life more than food or clothing? 26 Look at the birds in the sky! They don't plant or harvest. They don't even store grain in barns. Yet your Father in heaven takes care of them. Aren't you worth much more than birds? 27 Can worry make you live longer?


-God will always provide for us, have faith and trust in Him.
-When you allow worry into your heart you are doubting God's love and faithfulness to provide for us.
-He knows what we need.

Romans 8:28
Worry is really just a smaller way to say we don't know if God will come through. Its our inability to trust Him to do what He says He will do, which is to make all things work for the good of those who love Him.

I'm a worrier, I've always been.
I worry and stress about everything.
In return I have horrible anxiety.

My answer for when I'm anxious: God.

If God is my medicine for when I'm having those anxious feelings then why not always have Him at the forefront of my thoughts. He isn't just a sometimes guy, He is always there for us even when we choose not to see Him. He is always there.

He is first. Above all else God ALWAYS comes first.

I need to pray more.
I need to thank God more.
Praise Him more.

He proves to me His unconditional love on a daily basis, why not do the same for Him.


I'm following along with the She Reads Truth: Surrendered Life devotional plan via web/YouVersion. I'm starting late and you can too! Join in and grow in your relationship with God! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sooo needed to be reminded of this today!! Beautifully written & helped calm my anxious heart :) Blessings!

Post a Comment

Leave some love, but if you aren't signed in, please leave your name and a way to contact you if you want a response. Have a blessed day!