Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sad Sometimes

Some days I'm fine but when the light turns to darkness and no one is near I'm consumed by my thoughts. My head won't shut off and I play things in my mind over and over. Eventually, I'll end up falling asleep, tears staining my cheeks.

Just because I make it a point to not really talk about it anymore doesn't mean I'm not still hurting. Just because I don't want to open up to you or hold your hand through it doesn't mean I'm okay, it also doesn't mean that its just you that I'm not talking to about it. Its everyone. I don't want to talk about it unless I bring it up. Its not something you just throw into an every day normal conversation about sunny skies.  I don't like to be caught off guarded or made to feel guilty for not talking about it. This is something that I am going through and its not okay to be made to feel guilty about not sharing it. Don't turn my problem into your own, don't try to take from it, from me. This is my suffering.

I had a friend the other day who I don't talk to that often but she knows the situation. She used to be a really good friend but we drifted, or well she drifted. That's okay, I know that happens sometimes and we are still there for each other we just don't get to talk as much anymore. At least that's what I thought. I don't know how much she is really there for me seeing as how she is too consumed with her self that she acts a fool every time I talk to her. She made a comment. A comment that normally I would let roll off my back and not sweat it but it hurt. It was like she stabbed me and then just went on about the conversation like I wasn't sitting there bleeding to death. For anyone else I don't think it would of hurt me as bad because this particular person has been told and retold by myself and another about what I'm going through and how I don't like to talk about it and its really not okay to say anything or make a joke about it.. So why can't she remember that?? What is so hard about just keeping your mouth shut?

"I'm still saving all my baby clothes for you, if you ever decide your finally going to have another one". ::giggle::

That was her comment. No big deal right. It shouldn't be. Maybe I'm just overly sensitive, I don't know. Why did she laugh afterwards? What was so damn funny? Is the joke on me? If I finally decide to have another one? Seriously?? I don't want you saving your baby clothes for me. I appreciate it and if you just really want to save it then do it but put it on the back burner and don't tell me about it, don't bring it up. If they are taking up too much space in your attic then get rid of them.

I've held on to my own baby things for too long. We are getting rid of it all. It hurts. I know its just stuff but its all I have left to the baby world. I look over and see the swing and I can picture in my head a tiny little newborn being rocked back and forth but that space is empty now because my husband dragged the swing off to work today to give it to someone who needs it. That makes me happy knowing that we are helping a couple that are just starting and having a hard time and just had their first baby and that baby is going to laugh and smile and coo and fall asleep in that swing. But it also makes me sad.

Next month will mark the two year anniversary of when we started trying to conceive baby #2. This is one anniversary that I don't care to celebrate.

6 comments:

2SetsOfTwins4Me said...

((hugs))
I have been in the same situation before and I know how muchcomments like that hurt. That's one reason why I didn't like talking to my "real life" friends about it. They had no clue what it's like to struggle with TTC and most the time, their comments were more hurtful then helpful. That's a big reason why I spent most of my TTC days on a message board where I could get the support from other women going through the same thing. I didn't try for as long as you have been but when you factor in the number of cycles I tried for, it added up to 21 cycles of TTC before I got pregnant with a baby only for it to die in utero around 14 weeks. Everything about that experience was something I wouldn't wish on anyone.
Anyways, just want to let you know that I am thinking of you and praying for you.

K said...

Thank you Brandi it means alot. It is very hard and sometimes it does feel like the 'real life' friends dont get it fully. I havent been on the message boards in awhile..I tend to get consumed with them when I do but I think it may be time I revisit and maybe it will help.

Unknown said...

This hurts my heart that you are going through this. I've been praying for you for awhile now & will continue to pray for you. I love you & want you to know that I'm here if you ever want to talk about anything..I may not have the right words to say, but I am a damn good listener.

The Unglamorous Mommy said...

I'm so sorry hun! I lost a baby in Demeber. I realize it's not the same, but I understand the hurt. I don't talk about it that much anymore, but it still just totally sucks. I get the commentsnt too. Part of me wants to cry and part of me wants to shove their smile down their throat... Hang in there. Thinking about you!

Anonymous said...

I love you very much! I don't think "real life" friends completely get it unless they experience it and even then...they're not experiencing YOUR situation so no one truly understands what YOU'RE going through. :( This is how I felt when I miscarried. And even though I am currently pregnant...I think about the baby that I lost ALL the time. :(

Please remember that you do have friends that are here for you. I am sorry that some people can be so insensitive. I hope that I am never that way with you or anyone going through a difficult time. I am praying for you...and will always pray for you.

K said...

Thank you girls.

Post a Comment

Leave some love, but if you aren't signed in, please leave your name and a way to contact you if you want a response. Have a blessed day!