Sunday, December 2, 2012

Where have you been?

I wish I knew. I guess I've just been hiding. I was here but not here, if that makes sense. I think I've been stuck in limbo lately. I was waiting for something to happen yet not wanting anything to happen at the same time. Just in that blah state of mind. If you don't do something about it though it will take over your life. So I've been doing something about it. I've been talking to friends, visiting with loved ones and continuing to build my relationship with God.
Last night I went to church to hear one of my favorite speakers, Joe McGee. He always teaches great lessons and gives you a bellyache from laughing so much. He is hilarious. You can learn about his ministry at www.joemcgeeministries.com/.

Genesis 18:9
John 10:10
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy; I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
Matthew 5:9
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

Jesus never avoided problems, he engaged them.

John 10:10

If you don't know truth you will blame another human. Flesh is not our enemy. It will use flesh but it is not our enemy.

We are to teach our children about God
READ: Psalm 78
We are to teach our children about the fear of God
READ: Psalm 112,

We are to pray for our children, ourselves, our spouses, our loved ones.
     Psalm 34:11 fear of the Lord

     Proverbs 9:10
     Proverbs 1:7

     Proverbs 3:16
     James 1:5
     Psalm 127, 128
     Isaiah 54:13
     Luke 2:52

Wisdom
Proverbs 4:7
READ: Proverbs 1

The further you go from God the nastier the devil gets.

You can download the podcast of this service on itunes under Church on the Move. The service is called First things First - posted 11/29/12.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love, but if you aren't signed in, please leave your name and a way to contact you if you want a response. Have a blessed day!