Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Test Driving a Bike

We had a really fun happy weekend. Jay only worked a half day on Friday so after he got home we went grocery shopping. I dont know why but I love grocery shopping with my husband. Probablly because it takes the pressure off of me on how much we are spending! Ha. I'm trying to learn the ropes of couponing and ad matching. I havent figured it out yet but I'm getting there. I know how to do it for the most part but I havent been collecting coupons so I dont have many to go off and my printer is low on ink so I cant print any. We did pretty good on Friday just by going through the ads and getting what is on sale. We made a list of what we would be interested in and what were good prices and then I made my menu for the week off of that. For the first time ever, I bought in bulk and have a freezer full of meat. I'm somewhat looking forward to grocery shopping this week! :)
On Saturday we did the same as last week. Jay went discgolfing with his friend and my brother so Colt and I headed out to spend the day with my parents. Its so nice and relaxing at their house. I enjoy the time spent with them so much. I had chili cooking in the crockpot at home but mom made roast, carrots and potatoes. How is a girl to resist her mommas home cookin'! I made mom rice krispy treats while she made dinner and then we went and played in the backyard. I only had my phone with me so the pics arent very clear.
Colton went around and collected all the acorns and was sliding them down his little slide into buckets. We also discovered that a little squirrel was using Uncle Garretts disc golf chains as a food cabinet. I have no idea how that came about. :)
On Sunday I had a much needed girls day out. My bestie Cassie and I went to some open houses. It was so much fun. We daydreamed of how we would decorate them and who would have which room. One realtor made it obvious that he thought we were a couple so I went along with it. It was hilarious! Afterwards we went to walmart and ran into our beautiful friend Amy and her husband. We chatted it up and then went to ride bikes...well Cassie rode a bike. We've been eyeing a couple of cruisers that we both really want and hers was just sitting there so I told her to go for a ride. We got some stares and had some great laughs.
Can you see her down there? Thats why shes my bestie! Love her!
Yesterday (Labor day) we stayed home all day. Just sat around and did absolutely nothing. It was a great end to an awesome weekend. To top it off we used a grill for the first time ever! We've been together for 7 1/2 years and have never owned or used a grill. My dad let me borrow his little one and we grilled steaks and had baked potatoes and corn on the cob. I also made brownies and apple crisp for dessert! It was all absolutely delicious! Grilling just opens up a whole other world of food possibilities! I'm so excited! :)

How did you spend your weekend? Hopefully you had as much fun as I did.

Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love, but if you aren't signed in, please leave your name and a way to contact you if you want a response. Have a blessed day!