Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Spirit

Wow! What a week! We had a pretty good Christmas. We went to my parents house on Thursday evening to celebrate with my side of the family. It was fun. I love spending time with my parents. Maybe because when I was younger I never wanted to be there and now that I'm older and have a family of my own I appreciate them so much more. I don't know what I would ever do if I didn't have them. It would absolutely crush me. Sob Sob Okay moving on.....
My sister and her kids were there so it was a full house. Lots of delicious food, great gifts and lots of love shared! My poor husband though, his sinuses and allergies were bothering him really bad. I ended up having to push us out the door to leave because I could tell how miserable he was feeling. :( He very rarely gets sick and when he does he hardly ever complains.

I was worried about how our Christmas was going to turn out but it was good. Jay had enough energy in him to get Coltons bike put together when we got home from my parents and then we called it a night. We had decided to have our little family Christmas on Friday morning(Christmas Eve) so that we would have the entire day to just lounge around and play with all the presents. Colton woke us up around 8am so we laid in bed and let him go discover what Santa had brought. The previous night after I had gotten in bed Jay brought me my glass of water and told me I could NOT leave the bedroom all night long so I was banned to my room. ha ha. Santa had some tricks up his sleeve. So when we came into the living room to see what Santa brought Colton I found out he had also left a surprise for me. A BIKE! I've been wanting this bike for many months now but I didn't know Jay knew which one it was. I had briefly pointed it out when we were out shopping for presents once but he didn't stop and look at it so I didn't think he had even noticed it. It was a great present!! Thanks Santa! I also got some awesome cozy socks, a cute pink camera case, and a itunes gift card that I was secretly hoping for! Now for my nerdy gift I received that was super awesome was the Harry Potter Bluray disc-set!! I love LOVE Love all the HP movies but only have 3 on DVD and the rest on VHS so getting them ALL on bluray ROCKS my WORLD! :)
I've been watching one every night.

Oh yeah you probably want to know what Colton got huh? :) He also got a bike and helmet from Santa. He got a desk/chair that he can use to eat at or color and Pinocchio movie. Mommy and Daddy got him Toy Story potato head set(has woody, buzz, potato head, and Jessie characters), TS alien, TS Hamm, TS Rex, 3 sets of PJ's, slippers, 2 ice age movies, a woody and bullseye, and some clothes. He had a great Christmas.
Jay got some movies, disc golf basket, a snow shovel, OU jacket, ipod speaker, and games.
We opened all the presents and then I went and got us some breakfast. We ate and then Jay was feeling bad so he took a nap and I took Colton out to my parents to get my camera that I had left there. We stayed for a couple of hours and ate leftovers. Jay was able to get a good nap in and when we came home we watched his new movies. It was a nice day together just wish he would of felt better. I'll write about our other Christmas celebration in another post later. My sexy hubs just got home! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great Christmas for a great family! :) That is awesome that he got you the bike that you've been wanting!! Good job, Jay!!

Post a Comment

Leave some love, but if you aren't signed in, please leave your name and a way to contact you if you want a response. Have a blessed day!