Monday, January 14, 2013

Comfort

A hot cup of coffee with a friend. Cuddled up in a warm blanket with a book. A rainy day with the blinds open. Family and friends. I find comfort in all of these things. Sometimes life just gets you down. Sometimes we just don't feel like ourselves. We have to remember to take care and time for ourselves.

What things do you do for you?
Do you remember to take a timeout for yourself?

One thing I have been doing lately that I find comfort in is genealogy research. My husband thinks its the most boring thing ever but I find it relaxing and exciting. I'm finding things out about my family that I had no idea about. Its so interesting .I've found old family pictures of my grandfather, Census reports, marriage licenses and death certificates. There is no telling what else is out there to be discovered.

I challenge you this week to take an hour or two and use that time just for you. Do something you enjoy.  Do something that will help recharge you so you can continue to give your all to your family and friends. So what will you decide to do?

The Blog Dare on Bloggy Moms
*This post was written as part of Bloggy Moms: The Blog Dare. Todays writing prompt was - I find comfort among. If you'd like to participate feel free to link up with your own post at the link posted above.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love, but if you aren't signed in, please leave your name and a way to contact you if you want a response. Have a blessed day!