Friday, January 4, 2013

Unexpected Changes of 2012


Are we ever really ready for changes in our lives? There is no way I ever could of prepared myself for the changes that took place in my life last year. If I had to title the changes of last year I would name it 'Stolen Friendships'. Just about all of my closest friendships changed and all right about the same time too. One of my girls moved away, one drifted,  one passed away and one took a leave of absence. It was a difficult year for me. I felt alone and abandoned. I felt confused and sad. I had health problems. I had six months of not knowing if I was okay or not. I was sad a lot of the year. I never would of imagined that that was how my year would go. If I had the opportunity to go back in time and prepare myself for what was to come I'm not sure I would even know what to say except for to treasure the time you have with the ones you love so dear and to guard and protect your heart. We all go through things in life and we all handle them differently. In a time when I needed my friends the most, a time I thought we would all grow closer...the exact opposite occurred. I learned that sometimes you have to be your own best friend. I'm glad 2012 is over with, it was too much for me to handle. I'm ready for this new year and all the great things that will come with it.
The Blog Dare on Bloggy Moms
*This post was written as part of Bloggy Moms: The Blog Dare. Todays writing prompt was - Changes I didn't expect for 2012. If you'd like to participate feel free to link up with your own post at the link posted above.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love, but if you aren't signed in, please leave your name and a way to contact you if you want a response. Have a blessed day!